New beginnings

It's been actual months since I've touched the blog, so I figured it would be worth it to give you guys an update on how things have been going.

 Firstly, I put the TSC discord on blast via YouTube. Their moderation has been abusive and questionable for a long time now, and I spent nearly 20 minutes showing pictures and basically yelling into the microphone. Emotions ran high, I won't lie. I lost respect for the moderators as individuals long ago. I have since privatized the video since I'm not gaining anything by leaving it up. I made my statement and that is that (albeit, at least one of those bans was justified at the end of it all). I have since left the server and I highly doubt I'm welcome back, which I could frankly care less about. It's an absolute dumpsterfire.

 The workstation has had some work done to it; again. I've been daily driving the RTX 3070 Ti for a couple of years, but I consistently capped out on VRAM (8GB) when working in Substance Painter. I switched to the RTX 4070 Super (12GB of VRAM). The 12VHP connector is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I'm shocked my computer hasn't set fire as a result of it. This thing draws a considerable amount of power. It's also dual fan, which is epic.

 For those who didn't know, I've come back for one project, which is the AC44C6M. I'm taking my sweet time on it for two reasons. One, I want a quality piece at the end. Two, I don't have time to commit to it all day. I work a lot.

 Rumor on the block is that all Switch Point Simulations projects are under NDA until release going forward. I actually get it, and I think it's a smart move. Having everybody know who's working on what causes problems when release happens and features are missing. It's better to not announce anything and just surprise release it.

 I was feeling super motivated to write this, but that motivation has since died out. I'm gonna go touch grass now.

Comments

Popular Posts