Do better, DTG.

 We're in the second day of beta and my colleague LP brought something very peculiar to my attention and I just had to post about it. Shout out to the whole beta team so far - things have been going great.

 
Great pic, right? Yeah, then he sent me this one.
 
 
My emissives were shining through another object. I kept thinking to myself that I messed something up.
 
I tracked down the asset and placed it in my test route. Peep this.
 
 
Then I tried another engine.
 
 
I refused to believe that the BNSF SD40-2's number shader was wrong. It would have meant that all of the Searchlight stuff is wrong.

I then tracked down the pole's Geo file and looked at the shader.

TrainPostDPPObjectDiffuse.fx

WHO EVEN USES THIS AWFUL SHADER???

I went into the Geo and changed it to TrainBasicObjectDiffuse.fx.


All fixed now... and that wasn't even a bug with the engine. This just comes down to poor shader selection when making the assets on Tehachapi.

Do better, DTG.

Comments

Popular Posts